LANDSLIDE SAFETY TIPS
1. Avoid building houses near steep slopes, close to mountain edges, near drainage ways or along natural erosion valleys.
2. Avoid building houses near steep slopes, close to mountain edges, near drainage ways or along natural erosion valleys. Avoid going to places affected by debris flow. In mud flow areas, build channels to direct the flow around buildings.
3. Stay alert and awake. Many deaths from landslides occur while people are sleeping.
Listen for unusual sounds that might .indicate moving debris, such as trees cracking or boulders knocking together.
4. Move away from the landslide path Ör debris flow as quickly as possible.
5. Avoid river valleys and low-lying areas. If you are near a stream or channel, be alert for any sudden increase or decrease in water flow and notice whether the water changes from clear to muddy.
6. Go to designated public shelter if you have been told to evacuate.
7. Stay away from the slide area as there may be danger of additional slides.
8. Check for injured and trapped persons near the slide, without entering the direct slide area.
Keep environment intact, Mitigate disaster impact.