Welcome To State Disaster Management Authority Arunachal Pradesh
laying of the techno-legal regime and its compliance, integration of disaster-resistant techniques in the construction works, reviewing measures taken for disaster risk reduction and capacity building by the Departments, taking up special projects/ plans at the community level to reduce its vulnerability.
(1)State Authority shall have the responsibility for laying down policies and plans for disaster management in the State
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of provisions contained in sub-section (1) of the Disaster Management Act 2005, the State Authority may
- Lay down the State disaster management policy;
- Approve the State Plan in accordance with the guidelines laid down by the National Authority;
- Approve the disaster management plans prepared by the departments of the Government of the State;
- Lay down guidelines to be followed by the departments of the Government of the State for the purposes of integration of measures for prevention of disasters and mitigation in their development plans and projects and provide necessary technical assistance, therefore;
- Coordinate the implementation of the State Plan;
- Recommend provision of funds for mitigation and preparedness measures;
- Review the development plans of the different departments of the State and ensure that prevention and mitigation measures are integrated therein;
- Review the measures being taken for mitigation, capacity building and preparedness by the departments of the Government of the State and issue such guidelines as may be necessary.
- The Chairperson of the State Authority shall, in the case of emergency, have the power to exercise all or any of the powers of the State Authority but the exercise of such powers shall be subject to ex post facto ratification of the State Authority.