District Disaster Management Plan
As per Section 25 of the Disaster Management Act’2005 the District Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) has been constituted and under this Act’ Section-31 Sub-section (1)& (2) envisages that there should be District Disaster Management Plan (DDMP) for every district under the supreme control of district authority. The District plan shall be prepared by the District Authority, after consultation with local authorities and having regard to the National Plan and the State Plan, to be approved by the State Authority. Accordingly, The District Disaster Management Plan has been formulated and is reviewed and updated every year before the onset of monsoon. The DDMP of Papumpare District includes the following :
- The name/contact details of stakeholders of Disaster Management with their responsibilities.
- The areas in the district vulnerable to different forms of disasters.
- The identified safe shelters.
- The measures to be taken, for prevention and mitigation of disaster, by the Departments of the Government at the district level and local authorities in the district.
- The capacity- building and preparedness measures required to be taken by the Departments of the Government at the district level and the local authorities in the district to respond to any threatening disaster situation or disaster.
- Allocation of responsibilities to the Department of the Government at the district level and the local authorities in the district.
- The Emergency Support Function with the name and contact nos. of Nodal Officer and alternative Nodal Officers.
- Resource inventory.
The detailed soft copy of the disaster management plan be downloaded from the link below